Influx is open source time series DB.
Influx DB installation
To install Influx DB on CentOS 7, do the following:
1. Create file /etc/yum.repos.d/influxdb.repo:
2. Execute the command
3. Enable UDP connection in /etc/influxdb/influxdb.conf file:
4. Start Influx DB
The installation procedure for Influx DB on Debian / Ubuntu differs only in the method of adding the necessary repository.
Influx DB can be installed to the same server with monitoring backend server. By default, TCP port 8086 or UDP port 8089 is used to connect to Influx DB.
Influx DB setup
To configure Influx DB for metric storage do the following:
1. Set the following parameter in wcsoam.properties file
2. Set metrics retention policy in init_tsdb.properties file
By default, metrics are stored for 2 days (48 hours).
3. Launch DB setup script
The database to store metric values as time series contains fields with the following keys:
Examples of data selection from Influx DB
Data can be selected from Influx DB for a stream, for which node and media session identifiers are known:
1. Enter Influx DB command line interface
2. Connect to wcs_oam database
3. The command
will show time series list, every of which corresponds to stream published to certain node in certain media session, for example
4. Select video bitrate values for stream on node 3 in media session 7ecbd270-123e-11e9-bb40-b96debd59887
Video bitrate values with timestamps will be shown