Preparing examples for building
1. Install Cocoapods to build dependencies.
2. Download the source code of the examples for Mac.
3. Download and unpack the iOS SDK
4. After unpacking, there are the following frameworks:
- two frameworks in builds before 2.6.86
- three frameworks since build 2.6.86
5. Copy the unpacked frameworks to the sample folder
6. As a result, we have got the sample folder with the framework (iOS SDK). Now we can start building.
7. Run Cocoapods
Building and launching examples using Xcode
8. Now, as soon as all dependencies are ready, open workspace in Xcode.
Important! You should open the workspace, not the project file. Otherwise, the build may be broken.
9. On General page for each example set the checkbox Automatically manage signing and set iPhone developer certificate.
10. At the bottom of General page delete the libraries libstdc++.6.0.9.tbd и libstdc.tbd (if they are in list). Add the library libstdc++.tbd if it is not in list.
11. On Build settings tab in Linking section add -ObjC linker flag
12. Choose File - Workspace settings menu item and set Legacy Build System value for Build System parameter
13. For Two Way Streaming example choose target Generic iOS Device and start building from the Product - Build menu. Then connect your iPhone or iPad via USB and choose it to run the example.
14. After successful deployment and launch, the debug information is displayed in the lower part. This means, the Media Devices example has been correctly installed to iPhone or iPad and is running.
15. On iPhone, you should see the interface of the application you can start testing using the WCS server
16. Connect to the server and send a video stream from the web camera to the iPhone.
So, we have built Two Way Streaming example on Mac OS Mojave using Xcode 10.1 from the source code using the iOS SDK (FPWCSApi2.framework) and executed this example on iPhone 6. The example demonstrated successful streaming of a video through Web Call Server 5.