Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder is a free live encoding software product from Adobe Systems. It is currently available for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS. It is unsupported now, but still available to download.
Quick manual on testing
1. For test we use:
- WCS server
- Adobe FMLE
- Player web application in Chrome browser to stream playback
2. Set up RTMP strteaming to the server address, for example rtmp://demo.flashphoner.com:1935/live/, set the stream name fmleStream, videocodec H.264:
3. Press 'Connect', then press 'Start'. Streaming begins:
4. Open Player application. Set the stream key in 'Stream' field and press 'Start' button. The stream captured playback begins.
1. Adobe FMLE does no support AAC audiocodec on Windows.
Symptoms: it is not possible to choose AAC codec in audio settings, MP3 only.
Solution: publish video with no sound or use another broadcasting tool
1. Adobe FMLE does no support virtual web cameras on Mac.
Symptoms: it is not possible to choose Wirecast or ManyCam virtual web camera as a publishing source on Mac.
Solution: publish video from real web camera only or use another broadcasting tool