Realtime stream information can be obtained using STOMP protocol over Websocket API.
STOMP client connection over Websocket to backend server
To connect to backend server for obtaining realtime metric values, do the following:
1. Establish Secure Websocket connection to, where hostname is backend server address
2. Establish STOMP connection by sending the message
3. Subscribe to /stream/nodeId/mediaId event by sending the message
- 15 - node identifier in backend database
- 010934f0-0766-11e9-a950-59983a9de3c8 - stream media session identifier
4. Subscribe to /alarm event for receiving alarms
After that, client starts receiving STOMP messages in plain text
or in JSON using STOMP.js library
The messages contain metric values acquired from the node where the stream is published or played.
To stop receiving metrics in realtime, the following message should be sent to unsubscribe
Maximum metrics count in one STOMP message is set with the following parameter in wcsoam.properties
Metric values are sent to subscriber when metrics change count reaches that parameter value. If metrics change rarely, it is recommended to reduce the parameter value.
Connection timeout is set with the following parameter