WCS server can be deployed in Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) by two ways:
- Setting up Linux virtual machine and installing WCS from the scratch
- WCS automatic deployment from Amazon AWS Marketplace
Setting up Linux virtual machine and installing WCS from the scratch
This way is useful if you need fine OS tuning, additional modules installation and so on. Launch a Linux virtual machine by this AWS manual, set it up on your need, then install WCS by quick or detailed installation manual.
WCS automatic deployment from Amazon AWS Marketplace
1. Open Web Call Server page on Amazon AWS Marketplace and click 'Continue to Subscribe':
2. Product description page with hourly pricing depending on selected instance will be shown. Click 'Continue to Configuration':
3. Server configuration page will be shown. Select region and click 'Continue to Launch':
4. Instance launch page will be shown. Select the instance type.
5. Then scroll page down to Security Group Settings and click 'Create New Based On Seller Settings':
6. Security Group creation page will be shown. Set the group name, description and click Save.
7. Select the new group in the drop-down list:
8. Click Launch:
9. A message will be displayed about instance deployment. It takes about a minute.
10. Click on 'EC2 Console' link. Find the launched virtual machine in the 'Instances' section. See the 'Public DNS' column for the host name.
12. Use the Instance ID of the launched virtual machine as the administrator password:
13. Check WebRTC streaming from web camera and playing the stream using Two-way Streaming web example: